Find What You Want

16 May 2014

Italian Sloppy Joes

Original Pin
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/230316968413541160/

Italian Sloppy Joe





The pin itself was only worth it for the idea, not the recipe.The pin was for "18 Italian Slow Cooker Recipes", which took me to a website that showed me pictures of the one I wanted to attempt "Italian Sausage Hero", which I then had to search the website for find the link to get to the recipe. I hate these types of pins. If you are going to give me multiple recipes:

A. Put them on the same website
OR
B. Make the links to the recipes easy to find on your website

Materials

  • Cutting Board
  • Knife
  • Large frying pan
  • Colander
  • Crock Pot
  • Whisk
  • Wooden Spoon

Ingredients

  • 2 medium red onions
  • 1 package of sweet Italian sausage
  • 1 small package of ground beef (your choice of meat to fat ratio)
  • Diced garlic
  • 1 small can of tomato paste
  • 1 cup of ketchup
  • Dried oregano
  • Dried basil
  • Hamburger buns
  • Mozzarella cheese (optional)

What I Did

Dice the red onions into bite sized pieces. If you can find a package of ground sausage, you can use that; however, the sausage that we had in the house was in casings, so I took the meat out of the casing and put into the mixing bowl. Add chopped onion, diced garlic, ground beef, oregano and basil into the frying pan. Cook until all the meat is browned. Drain mixture into the colander to get rid of the liquid and fat.

In the crock pot, add the can of tomato paste & ketchup. I added extra garlic, oregano, and basil to this mixture. Give a stir with a whisk until blended together. Add meat mixture to the crock pot. Stir with the wooden spoon until coated with the tomato mixture. If you do not think there is enough tomato mixture once everything is coated, add 1/4 cup of ketchup until you are satisfied. Set crock pot on low for 4-6 hours.

Once completed, you have your meal. Pyro and I ate this as a true sloppy joe sandwich; hamburger bun and mozzarella cheese, which melted amazingly with the sandwich. This is a preference. I know a lot of my friends would eat this over pasta, rice, or just by itself.

Conclusion
The pin is worth it to find an idea, but not for the recipe. It was difficult to find and I just used teh final recipe as a guide. If you want to actual recipe, see the link below.

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/pork/italian-sausage-heros/

No comments:

Post a Comment