Find What You Want

19 May 2014

Mason Jar Night Light

Original Pin
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/265712446739536431/



Easy Mason Jar Luminaries





One of my friends from college (1st attempt, not 2nd) loves Pinterest as much as I do. Amy pins so many amazing ideas that there are too many to count. Every so often, one will pop up on my feed and I have to try it. This is the first one that I found that I feel in love with. The pin itself it pretty self explanatory. It is fun, easy, and simple. I, personally, think that mason jars are over used and this is a project that could be used not just as a luminary. 

Material

  • Small Glass Vase
  • Glass Stones
  • Flame less Candle (I consider this optional)
  • Hot Glue Gun 
  • Hot Glue


What I Did

I love my hot glue gun. Pryo thinks I am a little odd for liking it so much, but it is an all around great crafting tool. This is basically the simple puzzle. I laid the glass beads out on my crafting surface to get a full view of what I had available in order to create the correct puzzle. I recommend starting at the base of the jar/vase/mason jar that you use and work your way to the top. I had to pop off some of the glass stones more than once (more than a dozen times actually) to make the jar look complete. My biggest complaint about this project is the time ti took to make a SMALL jar. Over 3 hours. 3 hours. Now, this does not seem like a lot of time, but I think about it this way. Let's just say I make $10.00 an hour. The cost of materials is minimal, as the only thing that I really needed to buy was the jar, as I had the other materials in hours. This means, that this little jar cost me $30.00 of my time to make. To the defense of the project, it was my first time attempting and it probably took a lot longer than it will in the future, but still, it was a long time for me to find stone, put glue on stone, add stone to jar, repeat.

But I will say that the finished it stunning. There are going to be holes in between the glass stones. This is what make this jar look amazing. Especially if you use it as a luminary.

Conclusion
If you like the look and you have the time, make it. It is beautiful and you can choose the type of jar and how you would like to use it.

If you would like to purchase this item, please email me at worththepin@gmail.com, tell me the size and use of the product, and I will quote a price.

No comments:

Post a Comment