Find What You Want

10 May 2014

Red Velvet Cherry Dump Cake

Original Pin
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/286400857527389295/


Red Velvet Cherry Dump Cake



This is interesting. I have been on a dump cake kick for a few weeks. And we have a ton of pantry items that we just need to use to make shape. Pyro and I love red velvet cake and I love cherries and coconut. Yeah, this one is for me. How is it?

Materials

  • 9X9 Baking Dish
  • Mixing Bowl
  • Wooden Spoon
  • Small Pot


Ingredients

  • Red Velvet Cake Mix
  • 1 Can of Cherry Pie Filling
  • 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter
  • Flour Baking Spray
  • Shredded Coconut


What I Did

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Take the butter and melted it in the pot. In the mixing bowl, mixed the red velvet cake mix, the cake pie filling, and melted butter.

I used the baking spray over the baking dish and put the dump mix into the baking dish. Sprinkle the coconut and a little sugar over the top. Place into the oven for about 45 - 75 minutes or until the cake is firm.

Conclusion
Pin it! It is not bad at all. The issue with the baking is that the cake never really firms up completely, so that cake can overcook on the edges. With the coconut shavings on top, they can burn to a crisp and give it a really odd flavor. But I love red velvet cake and I love cherry pie and this is a beautiful combination of the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment