Find What You Want

12 May 2014

River Rock Tray

Original Pin
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/45036064993221327/ 


River Rock Tray




I was really excited about this pin. This one link to a picture (as this was the first one that I looked at) and I was like, "I CAN DO THIS AND IT IS EASY". I was so excited. And then I talked to Pyro about it. I was all jumping up and down and excited and going on and on and on and he was like "Really? I don't think so". So I asked him why he did not like it. And here was his very important, very knowledgeable, very "thanks for kicking me off my happy high" with logic. It is a tray, with heavy rocks, to hold wet shoes. You would be making a tray that hold stagnant water for in the house or mudroom. This will breed bacteria. And once you want to wash it out, you would have to take a HEAVY ROCK FILLED TRAY outside to spray it down. Thank you Mister Logic for killing a pretty idea and making it totally not worth the project. So, I thought about it and I still wanted to do it, but I knew it had to be for an outdoor project. So I made one for outside that can be rinsed off easily.

Materials

  • BBQ Tray
  • River Rocks
  • Glue
  • Paper Towels
What I Did
Place a few sheets of paper towels under the BBQ tray, as it has holes and the glue will get on the surface. It took a little trail and error to figure out the glue that would work and Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue seems to be the best that worked. I got 4 bags of river rocks from the Dollar Store and lined the border first.
Once the border was completed, I then basically played "puzzle pieces with rocks". Laying ones down, picking them up, replacing them, figuring it all out. What is great about this glue is that it dries clear, so if I messed up and there was glue on the top of a rock, it would dry nicely. I finally got everything in order and let it sit outside from about noon until 8:00 pm. I flipped over the tray and none of the rocks fell off. It is now sitting outside and will house Pyro's snow shoes. And that is about it.

Conclusion
Do not pin it. This is a pretty idea, but not worth it. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up! It looks interesting but of course Pyro knows best.

    ReplyDelete