Find What You Want

24 May 2014

The Grandmother Desserts

It has still been pretty tough knowing the next week, we will be laying to rest my grandmother.A lot of people are aware that she lived in our house for many years and there were always sweets around the house. One of the best was this apple cake that just blows my mind.

Now, I am not sure if the recipe came from my grandmother, but my mother always made it and it reminded me of my grandmother. Very simple recipe, eating the batter prior to baking, and just the smell of the house when you walk in.....ARG.

Recently, I had to bargain with my mother to obtain this recipe from her. One recipe (chicken soup) for another recipe (apple cake). I made the cake for charity function and I knew that my grandmother would have been so proud that this recipe was used to help others.

She taught my family and I the greatest of many things; love, life, nature, and family. Baking that dessert, helping those children out, having people know that her memory was there during that day, make her memory live on.

To some people, a dessert is a dish for a party or a ritual for the night. For me, during this week, knowing that I baked that cake to help people in need, that was my grandmother. And that dessert will now always be in her memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment