Find What You Want

11 May 2014

Pencil Flower Vase - Teacher Appreciation Gift

Original Pin
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/28991991324357090/


Pencil Flower Vase - Teacher Appreciation Gift
This is a really cute and adorable gift to give teacher in which your child can help you make. It is different and more thoughtful that a gift card or candy bar jar. I do not have children; however, I have heard my family that have the minions talking about want they should get the teachers this year. All the materials that I bought cost less than $10.00. I did not follow the description and used the picture of more of a guide.

Materials
  • Vase
  • Glass Stones
  • Pencil
  • Pin Flowers
  • Ribbon 
  • Tag

What I Did
I got all my materials together and just did one thing after another. I rinsed out the jar and placed all the glass stones in the vase. I choose blue and green because I like the color combination. Once that was completed, I started putting together the pencil flowers. 

I got REALLY luck and found the flower kits at Hobby Lobby in the clearance section. I bought three different kits, each kit cost less that $2.00 and I only used a half of each of the three kits. If you cannot find these kits, fake flowers and thumb tacks work just as well. I used a dozen pencils flowers to create the "bouquet".

Once all of the flowers were completed, I placed them into the vase, pushing through the glass rocks. Make sure you have enough rocks that the pencils stand straight up without tipping over. Once everything was in place, I used a piece of ribbon that I had from previous project, tied that around the top of the vase, and attached the "thank you" tag.

Conclusion
Worth the pin, but only use the picture as a guide. I hardly used the website and just went with my gut feeling on it. And let your kids help out. The project is really easy and fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment