Find What You Want

05 May 2014

Magazine Rack For Organization


Here is the link to the original pin

This had 787 repins by the time I  decided to pin it. I also figured, that if it works for the bathroom, it can work for the kitchen, which is where we need space saving tools. So, I clicked on the link and.....nothing. Website is no longer found. Which is rough because there is nothing for me to reblog, I can only repost the Pinterest link. /sigh 

What I did

You will need:
  • Area in which you can do project
  • Magazine Rack
  • Permanent Mounting Tape
  • Scotch Tape
  • Pen to mark where to place (nothing heavy duty, you just need a very small dot, if anything)
  • A ruler (if you want to be completely accurate, which I was not)

I bought everything at Target for less than $10.00. You could probably find cheaper magazine rack, but I really liked the look of the Target brand on for this project.

First: 
Find your area and wipe down all dust and icky stuff.

Second:
Get all of your materials:
 
 
Third:
Line up the rack to where would want it to hang. I got lucky as the shorter end of the rack would lay flush with the inside edge of the cabinet, making the use of a ruler not needed. Attach the Scotch Tape to the rack and make sure everything lines up. Do this first so that if you make changes, you are not attempting to rip off permanent tape. It also allows the rack to stay up long enough to make sure that the door will open and close with no issues. It would be no fun if you need all this work and then you could not close your cabinet door.

Fourth:
Once you figure out where it will work, place the permanent mounting tape on the rack on a way that it will actually adhere to the cabinet. Many of the other pins that I have been with this state that you should screw the rack into the cabinet, but to me, this does not make sense. If you want to ever take it down, you will have permanent holes in the cabinets and the screw do have the possibility to right through the cabinet to the front, making for a potential poking hazard. 

Lastly:
If you marked out where it is going to hang, look for the marks you made with the pen. Like I said earlier, I got lucky and everything laid perfect in the cabinet. Push and hold for about 30 seconds on each section, give a slight test tug to make sure it stays, and TADA, instant space save. 
 


For us, this project brought the items down from a cabinet over 7 feet above us to a level in which we could get what we needed. This freed the space at the 7 foot mark for items we use only on special occasions, not stuff we need on a daily basis. 

Conclusion:
Worth the pin for the idea, not for the instructions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment